An exciting opportunity exists for a Legal Expert role in a Pacific regional intergovernmental organisation for a duration of up to 12 months. The Oceania Customs Organisation (www.ocosec.org) based in Suva, Fiji is looking for a Legal Expert to support the OCO members who are PACER Plus signatories to review Customs legislation preparedness to implement Harmonised System 2017 and including the customs provisions in the PACER Plus. The main objective of this role would be to review and strengthen legislation based on the international standard to implement the Harmonised System, review PICs national customs legislation and compatibility with the Revised Kyoto Convention.
The OCO hereby invites expressions of interest from experienced legal experts to allow for prequalification of candidates, for invitation for the full tender submission.
If you believe the role matches your experience, please provide us with a written statement on information about your background and how it matches with the following criteria for this role:
- Must have a university degree in Law from a recognised university
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the area of customs legislation and other related disciplines.
- Extensive experience in legal drafting with a minimum of 6 years at national or at international level
- Familiarity with related international and regional conventions, standards and the roles of other regional organisations
- Proven expertise and experience in providing legal advice, opinions and drafting of legislation, regulations and report writing
- Familiarity with regional trade, Free Trade Agreements and their impacts at a regional/national level
- Must have previous experience working in the Pacific region
Expression of Interest must be emailed (in PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact Ms Kalei Billings-Dugu, Human Resources and Logistics Officer on 3313110 or email email@example.com
Applications close on 13 October 2017.