- Transformational Leadership Role
- Deliver the Vision and Strategic Priorities
The Oceania Customs Organisation’s (OCO) represents the interests of 23 member countries in the Pacific region. Its mission is to facilitate and where appropriate help administrations align with customs international standards and best practice leading to greater economic prosperity and increased border security within the Oceania region. Based in Suva, Fiji and reporting to the Chair of the Steering Committee, the Head of Secretariat is responsible for delivering the overall strategic and operational intent of the OCO Secretariat.
As the head of the organization, your responsibilities will also include:
– Positive representation of OCO and its members is achieved with governments, the World Customs Organisation and other international and regional stakeholders.
– Monitoring the international environment for trends relevant to OCO members, advice on implications, and ensuring forward facing strategies are in place which are regularly reviewed.
– Ensuring the Annual Work Plan is translated into key objectives with activities, measures and time frames set and performance are monitored
– Risk management policies are integrated into all activities and adherence to health and safety policies.
– Assistance and support is provided for capacity building initiatives to create a strong customer focused organisation that empowers both staff and members.
Qualifications and experience
– Relevant tertiary level qualification, with least 10 years experience in an executive leadership role, preferably in a multicultural and multi‐disciplinary work environment in the Pacific region.
– Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive change, work laterally, identify innovative solutions, a critical thinker and make sound recommendations.
– Extensive experience in working with customs and trade issues in the Pacific region along with proven financial acumen and business management.
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English along with effective liaison and conflict resolution skills.
Application with a covering letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and three referees should be forwarded to “Head of Secretariat”, c/- KPMG, GPO Box 32, Suva or email email@example.com no later than 4pm Sunday 16 December 2018.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the job description.