An exciting opportunity exists for an officer role in a Pacific regional intergovernmental organisation. The Oceania Customs Organisation (www.ocosec.org) based in Suva, Fiji is looking for an Accountant. This role provides assistance to the Finance & Corporate Services Manager in effective financial management and budgeting services, maintenance of sound internal control and effective management of daily finance operations. This role provides key financial management, budgeting and internal control services.
If you believe the role description above matches your experience, A Key Selection Criteria (KSC) template is found on the OCO website which requires your response to each criteria below:
- University degree in Accounting or related field;
- At least 5 years of experience as an accounting professional;
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency with financial software;
- Demonstrated experience with complex, multi-faceted financial reporting;
- Knowledge of best-practice financial systems and processes.
- Experience in maintaining a sound internal control environment
The Accountant is a Band 8 position in OCO’s salary scale with a starting salary range of 1,833 – 2,312 SDR (special drawing rights) per month. This currently converts to approximately FJD 5,237 – 6,605 per month.
The salary package also includes a housing allowance and superannuation benefits as well as an establishment and relocation grant, removal expenses, airfares, home leave, medical and life insurance and education allowance for eligible employees and their recognized dependents.
For your application to be considered, you are required to provide:
- Current resume containing no more than 5 pages;
- Response to the KSC by completing the template found on the OCO website.
- 3 nominated referees with their contact details
Academic transcripts and other certificates may be requested at a later date.
For more information regarding this job vacancy, please download:
Applications must be emailed (in PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
Applications close on 10 November 2017.