The Oceania Customs Organisation (OCO) invites applications for the position of Training Coordinator to join its Secretariat located in Suva, Fiji. Representing 24 Pacific Island countries, OCO fosters synchronization, collaboration and assistance amongst its members on Customs matters. The primary role of the Training Coordinator is to coordinate the activities for the OCO Professional Standards Framework (OPSF) including the accreditation of the OCO Courses under the educational quality and assessment programme and provide administration and logistics support to the Operation Team. The Training Coordinator will also be responsible for coordinating and evaluating all trainings and act as the main point of contact for all training related enquiries for the Operations Team during the term of engagement. Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Training Coordinator will support the OCO in the development of activities to accredit the OCO Courses under the OPSF- Certificate Level III & Certificate IV in Regional Customs Administrations and in collaboration with the Human Resource Logistics Officer coordinate all of the Operations training activities. If you believe the role description above matches your experience, please provide us with information about your background noting the following key selection criteria for this role:
- University Degree in Adult Education, Social Studies or related field;
- At least six (6) years of progressive adult education experience in conducting and designing training activities;
- Demonstrated work experience in adult education or similar role is required;
- Understanding of adult education curriculum and accreditation frameworks;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English;
- Computer literate to at least Intermediate level on suites including database, spreadsheets and e-learning platforms
- Ability to work proactively and adapt to changing circumstances
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Contract Duration: 3 Years Contract Type: Local Salary: FJD$40,655 For your application to be considered, you are required to provide:
- Current resume (to include 3 contactable referees) containing no more than 5 pages;
- Covering letter responding to each of the Key Selection Criteria outlined above.
Qualification documents and other certificates may be requested at a later date. Applications must be emailed (in PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants that have already applied for this position need not reapply. For more information regarding this job vacancy, Click here for the complete Position Description. Applications close on the 24th February 2022. Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.