The Oceania Customs Organisation is a Pacific regional intergovernmental organisation, with the mission to help its 23-member administrations align with international customs standards and best practice, leading to greater economic prosperity and increased border security. We are inviting applications to join its Secretariat located in Suva, Fiji for the position of:
The Accountant role will provide assistance to the Finance & Corporate Services Manager in effective financial management and budgeting services, maintenance of sound internal control and effective management of daily finance operations. This role provides key financial management, budgeting and internal control services.
If you believe the role above matches your experience, please provide us with information about your background noting the following key selection criteria for this role:
- University degree in Accounting or related field;
- At least 5 years of experience as an accounting professional;
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency with financial software;
- Demonstrated experience with complex, multi-faceted financial reporting;
- Knowledge of best-practice financial systems and processes.
Experience in maintaining a sound internal control environment
Contract Duration: 3 Years
Contract Type: Local
For your application to be considered, you are required to provide:
- Current resume (to include 3 contactable referees) containing no more than 3 pages;
- Covering letter responding to each of the Key Selection Criteria outlined above.
Please read the detailed position description available here.
Applications close on 2nd December 2023. Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.