An exciting opportunity exists for an Adviser role in a Pacific regional intergovernmental organisation. The Oceania Customs Organisation based in Suva, Fiji is looking for a Trade and Revenue Management Adviser.
This role provides assistance to OCO Member Countries on Trade Facilitation and Revenue Management within national customs agencies. It supports one of the core functions of the OCO Secretariat; to enhance cooperation and effectiveness in the delivery of regional approaches to revenue collection, trade facilitation, border security and combating of cross-border criminal activities. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the purpose of this role is therefore to be an advisory to the Operations Manager on the Customs components of regional trade facilitation and revenue management as well as effectively and efficiently executing all matters relating to the Regional Trade Facilitation Programme (RTFP), capacity building, institutional strengthening and coordination with and amongst OCO member countries.
If you believe the role description above matches your experience, please provide us with information about your background noting the following key selection criteria for this role:
- University degree in international trade/Economics/Accounting/Business or related field;
- At least 10 years of experience in trade and revenue management or related field;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience on key international and regional trade development issues impacting on the national level;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience on WCO, WTO, UNODC, CITES, UNEP, IPR issues, EPA, PACER+, PICTA and other regional, international agreements, conventions and issues impacting members;
- Considerable expertise and experience in using quantitative methods to evaluate and analyse trade data and draw meaningful conclusions from it;
- Good knowledge and understanding of cultural features and political developments in the Pacific and their likely impact on Customs, Trade and Security issues;
- Proven ability to design, deliver, and manage Trade related educational programs.
- Proven ability to design, plan and implement work programs and activities;
- Proven ability to provide high level Policy advice on trade facilitation and revenue management issues.
Contract Duration: 3 Years
Contract Type: International
For your application to be considered, you are required to provide:
- Current resume (to include 3 contactable referees) containing no more than 5 pages;
- Covering letter responding to each of the Key Selection Criteria outlined above.
Qualification documents and other certificates may be requested at a later date.
Applications must be emailed (in PDF) to email@example.com .
Full Position Description available here.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation affecting the region, and the priority the Secretariat places on its staff safety, health and well-being, please note that there may be delays in taking up the appointment. There will be an opportunity to discuss this matter thoroughly with the successful candidates and any appointment and on-boarding would only proceed when regional conditions permit the deployment of new staff. Proof of receiving a COVID19 Vaccination will be required.
To be eligible for this position, applicant must be a citizen of an OCO member Country.
Deadline for applications is 29 August 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.