Position: Finance and Administration Assistant
Location: Suva, Fiji
The Oceania Customs Organization (OCO), representing 23 Pacific Island countries and working in collaboration with our partner, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), through EDF11 Funding, invites applications for the position of Finance and Administration Assistant within its Secretariat in Suva, Fiji.
- Provide finance, accounting, and administration support to the EDF11 project.
- Prepare regular financial reports in compliance with donor and corporate requirements.
- Assist in budget and audit preparations.
- Support events and logistics for all project activities.
- Provide overall administration and accounting support to the division.
- University Degree in Business, Accounting, Public Administration, project management, or a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in project accounting and financial reporting within a reputable organization.
- Proficiency in modern management and information systems, as well as accounting software.
- Advanced operating experience with Navision software.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of project financial reporting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure with a team-oriented approach to meet deadlines and achieve team goals.
- Experience in travel and logistics management.
- Effective information management and organizational skills.
Contract Type: Local
To apply, please submit the following:
- Current resume (up to 3 pages) with contact information for three referees.
- A covering letter addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria mentioned above.
All applications must be submitted through our website at https://www.ocosec.org.
The application deadline is October 7, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and late applications will not be accepted.