Oceania Customs Organisation (OCO) Secretariat
The Oceania Customs Organisation (OCO) was established by Heads of Oceania Customs Administrations in August 1998 to promote efficiency and effectiveness in all aspects of Regional Customs Administrations. The OCO has a membership of 23 countries and territories from the Pacific region, and its principal activity is facilitating and where appropriate helping member administrations align with customs international standards and best practice, leading to greater economic prosperity and increased border security within the Oceania region.
Strategic Priority Areas
UNCTAD and OCO Sign Agreement to Boost Trade Facilitation and Customs Procedures for 15 Pacific Nations
JOINT PRESS RELEASE [6 February, SUVA] The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and Oceania Customs Organisation (OCO) today signed an agreement under the European Union funded ‘Improving Pacific Islands Customs and Trade’ (IMPACT) Project that...
Greetings from the OCO Secretariat! We are pleased to present the OCO E-Newsletter for the period October - December 2022. In this edition we bring you up to speed on: Our activities for the period October - December 2022. Latest news from OCO and its Members and,...
Read this document in French: Click on the language tab found at the bottom right of your screen and select French. Suva, Fiji, February 2, 2023 - The OCO Secretariat welcomed onboard its new Head of Secretariat Ms. Nancy Oraka. Originally from Papua New Guinea, Ms....
Read this document in French: Click on the language tab found at the bottom right of your screen and select French. Suva, Fiji, February 2, 2023- Senior Border Force Officer Kim Hockey grew up in the small Australian town of Innisfail in Far North Queensland. Officer...
Vanuatu Electronic Single Window Project Monthly newsletter is now out and can be viewed here!
Read this document in French: Click on the language tab found at the bottom right of your screen and select French. Suva, Fiji, January 31- The Oceania Customs Organisation in partnership with the Australian Border Force, Secretariat of International Narcotics Control...
Read this document in French: Click on the language tab found at the bottom right of your screen and select French. Suva, Fiji, January 31, 2023- Akosita Valamalua previously held the position of Principal Customs Officer and then as Executive Transformation Support...
Events & Workshop
OCO Events and Workshops is a great way to communicate ideas, acquire new skills and specialized knowledge which members can apply to their profession and to better accomplish member goals and values.
Upcoming events and workshops:
- 31 Oct – 30 Jan CERT III Electives – Online Training
- 25 Jan Customs Brokers Familiarisation Training
- 26 Jan World Customs Day – CERT IV Graduation
- 30 Jan – 18 Feb Women’s Alumni Webinar
- 1-9 Feb UNEP Project Consultation with PICs- first consultation
- 15 Feb ISWG Meeting
- 24 Feb CERT III Graduation
- 27 Feb – 3 March Guam Modernisation
- 28 Feb UNEP Project Consultation with PICs- second consultation
- 06 – 07 Mar Gender Equality Workshop
- 08 Mar Womens Day
- 14 Mar Steering Committee Meeting
- 20 – 24 Mar OPSCA & APAN Training-South Pacific
- 27 – 31 Mar IONICS & Postal Inspection
- 04 -05 Apr UNEP Project Training
- 17 – 21 Apr X-Ray Image Training
- 19 – 21 Apr Customs Modernisation Workshop
- 16-17 May UNEP Project Training
- 23 May Steering Committee Meeting
- 23 – 26 May AEO Regional Workshop
- 06 Jun ISWG Meeting
- July Annual Conference
- 24-28 Jul Forum Trade Ministers and related meetings
- 8-12 Aug Regional Workshop on TRS
- 8-11 Aug Forum Economic Ministers and related meetings
- 17-18 Aug Pacific Islands Forum Women Leaders Meeting
- 5 Sept Smaller Island States Officials Meeting
- 5 Sept Pacific ACP Officials Meeting
- 5-6 Sept Pre-Forum Session of the FOC
- 8 Sept Forum Foreign Ministers Meeting
OCO Member Countries
Interactive Map. Select member country pin to view brief info about our members. You can view map in 3D and also activate your location to zoom map to your location.