Oceania Customs Organisation (OCO) Secretariat
The Oceania Customs Organisation (OCO) was established by Heads of Oceania Customs Administrations in August 1998 to promote efficiency and effectiveness in all aspects of Regional Customs Administrations. The OCO has a membership of 23 countries and territories from the Pacific region, and its principal activity is facilitating and where appropriate helping member administrations align with customs international standards and best practice, leading to greater economic prosperity and increased border security within the Oceania region.
Strategic Priority Areas
View full Advisory Here.
Vanuatu Electronic Single Window Project Monthly newsletter is now out and can be viewed here!
Pacific leaders, law enforcement officials and academics will be brought together to address transnational crime in the Pacific region at the inaugural Pacific Regional Law Enforcement Conference or PRLEC held in Fiji from 01 August. Read More Here.
Greetings from the OCO Secretariat! We are pleased to present the OCO E-Newsletter for the period April – June 2022. In this edition we bring you up to speed on: Our activities for the period April – June 2022. Latest news from OCO and its Members and, Activities...
Suva, Fiji July 19, 2022: Richard Brennan is leaving the Oceania Customs Organisation after three years as Head of the Secretariat. In this interview, he shares his thoughts on some of the challenges the organisation and its 23 members face and also some thoughts on...
Suva, Fiji, July 15, 2022 – Customs administrations in the region are noticing a rise in the purchase of common counterfeit commodities and medications, mostly prevalent in commercial and e-commerce trade, and which have social and economic impacts on communities and...
The WCO Asia/Pacific Sub-Regional Data Analytics Workshop for Pacific Island was held from 7 to 9 June 2022 in Nadi, Fiji by a hybrid format allowing for remote and on-site participation. Access Full Story Here.
Events & Workshop
OCO Events and Workshops is a great way to communicate ideas, acquire new skills and specialized knowledge which members can apply to their profession and to better accomplish member goals and values.
Upcoming events and workshops:
- 11 Jul – 29 Aug Tariff CERT IV
- 01 Aug – 04 Aug Regional Law Enforcement Conference
- 08 Aug – 26 Sep Valuation CERTIV
- 16 Aug – 17 IPR Legislative Training (Tentative) – Online Training
- 22 Aug – 10 Oct Tariff CERTIII
- 23 Aug – 24 Oct IPR Enforcement Training (Tentative) – Online Training
- 6 Sep OCO Conference – Virtual
- 12 Sep – 16 SepRegional Workshop on TRS – Workshop Face to face
- 14 Sep Launching of PACCOMTRADE Database Project – Virtual and Face to face
- 19 Sep – 7 Nov CERTIV Electives
- 19 Sep – 7 Nov CERT III Valuation
- 20 Sep Customs Brokers Training
- 26 Sep – 28 Sep OPSCA Training (tentative)
- 31 Oct – 30 Jan CERT III Electives – Online Training
- 11 Oct – 14 Oct IPR Regional Workshop (Update On Progress) – Face to face
- 26 Oct – APAN (Information Sharing Dialogue) – Online
- 19 Oct – 21 Oct Regional Advance Ruling workshop – Face to face
- 11-Nov CERT IV Graduation – Event
- 21-25 Nov IONICS and Postal Inspection Training – Face to face
- 31 Oct 22 – 30 Jan 23 CERT III Electives – Online
- 23 Apr 2023 AEO Regional Workshop
OCO Member Countries
Interactive Map. Select member country pin to view brief info about our members. You can view map in 3D and also activate your location to zoom map to your location.