The Oceania Customs Organization (OCO) has 23 independent, self-governing territories and Customs jurisdictions in the Pacific. Established in 1986, its mandate is to promote effectiveness and efficiency of Customs Administrations in the harmonization and simplification of Customs procedures, facilitation of trade, law enforcement and building the capacity of members in meeting the development objectives of their Government. The Secretariat is responsible for delivering the OCO’s work program and current Strategic Plan 2022 – 2027, and details of its activities can be found on the OCO website: www.oco.org.
OCO is partnering with the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) through the EDF11 funding to improve trade facilitation through the regions trading potential and enhancing export competitiveness, reduce costs of essential imports and improve transparency.
Expressions of Interest are invited for the below short term consultancy
Post Clearance Audit Advisor
- Make referral to and analyze the PACP members legislation to propose legal changes in the area of Customs post-clearance audit
- To identify gaps, weaknesses, and areas of improvement in PACP members existing post clearance audit practices
- Assist the PACP members in development of recommendations on post-clearance audit following the WCO rules and regulations
- To draw Action Plan capturing the transitioning of the “transaction-based audit” into the “risk-based audit” where relevant.
- Conduct an awareness training to the PACP members to understand the relevance of PCA.
- Tailored PCA trainings to the needs of identified PACP members.
- Provide technical advice and input on PCA related issues, as and when required
The Post Clearance Audit must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies or Customs Administrations or Public Administration or another relevant field and have 10 years of relevant work experience in Post Clearance Audit management frame work in an Organisation.
To apply kindly upload a cover letter responding to the key responsibilities of the position and CV including two referees on the Tender Section of our website www.ocosec.org by 4pm (Fiji time) Friday 15th December 2023
For any clarification, please contact: Mr. Darryl Ikbal on email@example.com