Greetings and Bula Vinaka!
We are pleased to share with you issue XIV, January 2019 of the Regional Organizations Cooperation Mechanism for Trade Facilitation (ROC-TF) bi-annual newsletter.
The full newsletter is also available for download here: https://www.unescap.org/resources/roc-tf-newsletter-issue-xiv
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
• ESCAP, ECE and other United Nations Regional Commissions initiated data collection for the 3rd Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation in January 2019
• Upcoming: The 6th Asia-Pacific Trade and Investment Week will be held at ESCAP from 11-15 March 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand. It includes a Forum on Trade Digitalization for Sustainable Regional Integration
• Upcoming: The Fifth Meeting of the Interim Intergovernmental Steering Group on Cross-Border Paperless Trade Facilitation will also take place during the Asia-Pacific Trade and Investment Week from 12-13 March 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand.
• WTO published “Can Blockchain Revolutionize International Trade?”
• News: Trade to slow in 2019, Millions of jobs in Asia and the Pacific put at risk by trade conflicts
• Joint Activities and Partnerships
• Organizations Updates
ANALYSIS: APEC Initiatives on Trade Facilitation: Single Window and Authorized Economic Operator
RESOURCES AND PUBLICATIONS
NEWS ON TRADE FACILITATION
Thank you and Vinaka vakalevu.