General Terms and Conditions for Workshops and Webinars
SCOPE, DEFINITIONS, REGISTRATION
- These General Terms and Conditions (GTC) apply to all contracts for participation in Events, which include Workshops and Webinars (hereinafter referred to as “Events”) concluded between the Oceania Customs Organisation and Member country participants
- The registration for participation in the Event is made via the data form on the Events Calendar. The Participant has the option of saving and/or printing the text of these GTC on the Event website at any time.
- The registration is confirmed by the electronic transmission
- All participants that register for the event must be nominated by respective team leaders
SUBJECT OF THE CONTRACT, CHANGES TO THE EVENT
- Program changes, in particular changes in the schedule of Events, do not mean resigning up for registered membersWe are entitled to cancel the Event at any time for good cause (e.g. in cases of force majeure, too few participants, etc.). In such a case, the Participant will be informed immediately of the cancellation
- The Participant has the option of irrevocably cancelling participation in the Workshop or Webinar before it begins (hereinafter referred to as “Cancellation”). The Cancellation must be made in writing.
- The Workshops and Webinars will be held by carefully selected and qualified speakers and facilitators.
- We shall also be liable in the event of a simply negligent breach of material contractual obligations, i.e. obligations the fulfilment of which is essential to the proper performance of the contract and the observance of which the Participant regularly trusts and may trust. In this case, however, our liability is limited to the total amount of the respective Workshop fee. Any further liability is excluded.
- We shall not be liable for any indirect loss or damage, such as: lost profit, lost savings, loss due to business interruption and any other consequential loss, or indirect loss or damage, which is the result of no, or not in a timely manner, or unsatisfactory performance.
- In the event of a delay or non-performance of our deliveries and services, we shall also not be liable if this delay was caused by events which we could not otherwise have influenced with reasonable effort. This applies in particular in cases of force majeure (e.g. war, public measures as well as operational disruptions not caused by our fault) and other events or circumstances which are beyond our control and which we cannot prevent with reasonable care. We will immediately inform the Participant of the existence of such an event and take appropriate measures to keep the period of the event and its effects as limited as possible.
- The documents handed over to the Participant by us or the speakers during the Workshop or Webinar are protected by copyright. Intellectual property rights, copyright and other protective notices may neither be removed nor violated in any other way.
- Any reproduction, transmission or other use of the materials provided – even in extracts – is only permitted with our express written consent.
- Violations of the provisions mentioned in 6.1 and 6.2 constitute a breach of law which can be subject to both civil and criminal prosecution.