Oceania Customs Organisation (OCO) Secretariat
The Oceania Customs Organisation (OCO) was established by Heads of Oceania Customs Administrations in August 1998 to promote efficiency and effectiveness in all aspects of Regional Customs Administrations. The OCO has a membership of 23 countries and territories from the Pacific region, and its principal activity is facilitating and where appropriate helping member administrations align with customs international standards and best practice, leading to greater economic prosperity and increased border security within the Oceania region.
Strategic Priority Areas
Women in Customs administrations across the Pacific are proving that they can lead at all levels of their agencies. Working in roles including trade facilitation, shipping inspections, tax compliance, transnational crime investigations and maritime surveillance, women...
OCO joins WCO Meeting on Data and Intelligence and Analysis Caption: Oceania Customs Organisation Head of Secretariat, Ms Nancy T Oraka flanked by outgoing World Customs Organization (WCO) Secretary General, Dr Kunio Mikuruya and current WCO Secretary General, Mr Ian...
Email Scam Alert An email originating from this email address firstname.lastname@example.org has been circulated to various persons regarding a vacant position/s at the OCO Secretariat. The general public is kindly requested to not respond or action the request from this email as it...
OCO Operations Manager Vacancy Details
12 December 2023 Building Customs drug detection across the Pacific Frontline Customs officers and officials from 18 Pacific nations have been welcomed for a week-long training and visit focussed on illicit drug smuggling, which is being co-hosted by the New Zealand...
Collaborative Efforts in the Pacific: Regional Agencies Unite to Combat Transnational Crimes and IUU Fishing
Suva, Fiji, November 25, 2023: Transnational organized crime (TOC) poses a significant and growing threat to national and international security, with dire implications for public safety, public health, democratic institutions, and economic stability across the globe....
Suva, Fiji, November 23, 2023: The Oceania Customs Organization (OCO) recently completed a 2-week training program on the Indian and Pacific Ocean Regional Information Sharing (IORIS) platform for Customs officers from the region. IORIS is initiated by EU CRIMARIO...
Events & Workshop
OCO Events and Workshops is a great way to communicate ideas, acquire new skills and specialized knowledge which members can apply to their profession and to better accomplish member goals and values.
Upcoming events and workshops:
- 14 Jun Steering Committee Meeting
- 21 Jun ISWG Meeting
- 27 – 30 Jun Gender Equality and Workplace Diversity Workshop
- 3 – 7 Jul 1st Mission – Construction of New Tariff (HS 2022)
- 18 – 20 Jul OCO Annual Conference
- 24-28 Jul Forum Trade Ministers and related meetings
- 24 – 28 Jul 2nd Mission – Capacity Building Awareness & Consultation on Legislation Roll Out
- 31 Jul Assessment to Carry Out Tariff Requirements
- 8-11 Aug Forum Economic Ministers and related meetings
- 17-18 Aug Pacific Islands Forum Women Leaders Meeting
- 21 – 25 Aug Gap Analysis on Customs Related WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement & FTA Measures
- 23 – 25 Aug UNEP Consultation with contact points
- 31 Aug HS Capacity Building Awareness
- 5 Sept ISWG 1st Qtr Meeting
- 5 Sept Smaller Island States Officials Meeting
- 5 Sept Pacific ACP Officials Meeting
- 5-6 Sept Pre-Forum Session of the FOC
- 8 Sept Forum Foreign Ministers Meeting
OCO Member Countries
Interactive Map. Select member country pin to view brief info about our members. You can view map in 3D and also activate your location to zoom map to your location.